VIDEO OUT NOW ON Youtube
Kenny's latest video is out... riding over a slackline at 112m up in the air. Go check it out now.
Kenny Belaey rides a slackline over a 112m drop in the French Alps at an altitude of 2700m
Belgian Red Bull athlete and nine time world trial bike champion Kenny Belaey recently grabbed a bronze medal at the UCI World Championship in Andorra – his 12th medal in 14 participations.
Most certainly an achievement to be proud of, but nothing close to what he pulled off in the French Alps.
After more than one year of preparation and six months of intensive training he succeeded in La Plagne, at an altitude of 2700 meters, to ride his bike over a 18m long slackline from one rock to another, over a 112m drop – proof of being perfectly in balance, not only resulting in spectacular footage, but also making a world first: Riding a highline on a bike.
Project made possible by Volkswagen commercial vehicles, Adidas Outdoor, Red Bull, Econopolis, IXS, Adidas eyewear and Sapim racespokes
From the vault...
- Movies available now in the gallery
- Tv edit from the Barcelona World Cup
- O2 Bikers will publish a diary from the Belaey brothers' stay in New Zealand
- World Cup Knokke; results
- Interview and Heubach review on MTBlive.com
- Belgian cup Kluisbergen
- Barcelona camp
- Kenny klaar voor Barcelona
- Belaey TNN on PAYPAL
- Kenny Belaey summer playground Les Arcs-Peisey Vallandry