The race is over and unfortunately we didn't do so good, Wesley failed in the semi finals; he crashed in the last section so he became 12th, if not he would have end 8th which was good enough for finals. Me on the other hand, I became 2nd in the semi finals after Gilles Coustellier in front of Giacomo Coustellier.In the finals I just made the wrong decision I guess and took a risk; I took off in one of the hardest sections and one part where I thought everyone would do it, I crashed. So I knew right away I wouldn't win today! You must know that the format of 6 sections like in the world cups isn't used yet, so with only 4 sections it is almost impossible to catch up from this kind of mistakes. After all, I must be happy I end 3rd because my race and preparation wasn't cool at all! I got very sick last week, had serious private problems at home and that is just not my ideal preparation. I will have to forget this week asap and focus on the next and final world cup in Melsungen, Germany. After that I am taking a holiday because wearing that jersey for 2 years in a row has been exhausting!
From the vault...
- European Championships Poland
- Wesley Belaey and Andy Masschelin on TV
- In Australia now
- 'Kenny Belaey on tour'... soon on Extreme sportschannel
- Trial-Inside... online Trial only newssite
- Party time Friday the 26th in Aalter
- World cup Knokke website online
- Visit us at Bikemotion, Utrecht
- Belgian championship @ Senzeille
- Event, Red Bull Stairway to hell